Picture
A Must See

Amphawa is the second most popular floating market near Bangkok, not as large as Damnoen Saduak but more authentic, with visitors almost exclusively Thai. Located 50 km from Bangkok this once small village was apparently already present in the mid-Seventeenth Century. It has become such a magnet for Thai weekenders that food stalls have grown from the riverbanks and stretched far into the surrounding streets.

The main draw is of course eating seafood grilled procariously on wooden boats moored around the famous central bridge, serving an appetizing array of huge prawns, shellfish and squid. From noon until late in the evening, the smell is simply irresistible and customers flock to each side of the river all day long.

Comments

07/19/2016 6:08am

Exceptional blog, lots of beneficial details. takes place regularly.

06/27/2017 4:21pm

Bangkok Floating Market is one of my most favorite places in the world. My family and I went to visit last year and it was so entertaining to see all these vendors in different boats. We bought many fruits because my parents' favorite thing to do when we visit other countries is to check out the fruits they have that we don't have in our hometown. It was fun to be able to ride the different boats and another thing I love the most is their generosity. My family and I bought 6 watermelons and they were kind enough to add another one. I also love their culture because they are always smiling and they are hospitable.

08/09/2016 9:38am

This is very exciting to see the market that runs on the water and still they use to do in the same way. This is like a dream to see such a view which can be very impressing to you.

09/26/2016 2:57am

Floating markets? Looks amazing. I want to visit Bangkok someday.

01/24/2017 11:41am

I've seen this floating market in some Thai films and I definitely wanted to go here since then. Unfortunately, I didn't know what it's called, and now that I found what it is and where it is. It's now one of my destination-to-be when I have my trip to Thailand next month. And this is where I'll buy some of the ingredients that I'll use while on my spectacular vacation.

02/21/2017 11:24pm

Really a very fine way to express and looking a very pleasant article with full of healthy information. I am definitely going to tell in my class about this platform and the information shared here. Very well written.

06/27/2017 4:15pm